Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe I got off the back of a package of Mariani-brand Pitted, Dried Plums. It's from the California, Dried Plum Board. This looks really healthy and seems like a nice idea for a lady's luncheon or anytime you want to bring a little something different or a healthier alternative to that otherwise fattening potluck table!
- 6 ounces mariani pitted dried plums
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) bread, shell (pre-baked, thin)
- 4 ounces cooked chicken, chopped
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450.
- In food processor, process Mariani Pitted Dried Plums, water, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, and salt until finely chopped, pulsing on and off.
- Place bread shell on baking sheet;.
- spread evenly with dried plum mixture.
- Arrange chicken, cheese and onion slices evenly over shell.
- Bake in center of oven 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut into eight wedges.