Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty for Thanksgiving or any meal. Great with cranberry sauce on side. Got this recipe from Grandmother.
- 3 cups cornbread (crumbled and packed hard)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices bread (crumbled) or 3 full size biscuits (crumbled)
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage, more for taste
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups of deboned chicken (torn up small)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1/8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- Mix everything but butter into a large bowl.
- (For moister dressing, add 1 can of cream of chicken soup).
- Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour dressing mix over butter.
- Can cover and keep in fridge over night or cook immediately.
- Bake at 350¹F for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Great with chicken gravy to top.
The absolute best chicken dressing I have ever eaten. I have tried lots of dressing, and usually it's too bland, or too dry, or too much sage. But this is perfect.
My husband says it's the best dressing he's ever had! And I agree :) We'll be having this recipe for years to come! Thanks.
Such great stuffing right here! If you haven't tried it, I would suggest you do, as this was a real family pleaser at my house! We will have this often as a side to our chicken from now on!