Recipe by treana
Tasty for Thanksgiving or any meal. Great with cranberry sauce on side. Got this recipe from Grandmother.
- 3 cups cornbread (crumbled and packed hard)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices bread (crumbled) or 3 full size biscuits (crumbled)
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage, more for taste
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups of deboned chicken (torn up small)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1/8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything but butter into a large bowl.
- (For moister dressing, add 1 can of cream of chicken soup).
- Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Pour dressing mix over butter.
- Can cover and keep in fridge over night or cook immediately.
- Bake at 350¹F for 40 to 60 minutes.
- Great with chicken gravy to top.