1 hr 30 mins
Tasty for Thanksgiving or any meal. Great with cranberry sauce on side. Got this recipe from Grandmother.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cornbread (crumbled and packed hard)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 slices bread (crumbled) or 3 full size biscuits (crumbled)
- 1 large onion (chopped fine)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage, more for taste
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3 cups of deboned chicken (torn up small)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (1/8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1Mix everything but butter into a large bowl.
- 2(For moister dressing, add 1 can of cream of chicken soup).
- 3Melt butter and pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- 4Pour dressing mix over butter.
- 5Can cover and keep in fridge over night or cook immediately.
- 6Bake at 350¹F for 40 to 60 minutes.
- 7Great with chicken gravy to top.
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (225 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.6
- Calories from Fat 252
- Total Fat 28.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.0 g
- Cholesterol 166.8 mg
- Sodium 1086.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 10.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: