Recipe by Rinder
I like this recipe because if I'm craving a turkey dinner but don't want to go to all the trouble or if it's too hot to have the oven on for hours cooking a turkey dinner,this satisfies the craving. This recipe came from Firehouse Fancies Cookbook. The recipe calls for seasoned breadcrumbs,mixed with melted butter or salad oil but I prefer to use my own dressing I use for turkey. Preparation time doesn't include making your own dressing. Servings depend on how many chicken breasts each person can eat.
Top Review by ReneeJ
This is soooo good! I always do this when in mood for turkey dinner. I always have the regulars with it too, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes cranberry sauce..you get the idea. Mmmmm Mmmmm! My significant other loves this he says it's his favourtie meal. Awesome you must try it. i completely endorse making it with swiss cheese:o) Hi mommy! Love you (Rinder is my mom, she moved away :o( So everyone whose loved one is far away should try this, cause nothing makes you feel close like a sort of turkey dinner.
- 3 -4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (170 g) package mozzarella cheese or 1 (170 g) package swiss cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups bread stuffing mix, your favorite recipe (or you can use a pkg. variety for convenience.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a greased (I use a butter or marg.) 1 litre dish.
- Sprinkle with salt& pepper to taste.
- (I use only pepper as I find the soup has enough sodium in it).
- Cover with the cheese slices.
- Combine the soup with the milk and pour over chicken.
- Cover this with your favorite dressing and bake for 1 1/2 hours@ 325.