1 hr 30 mins
This is my mother's recipe which is slightly altered from her mother's recipe. My mother uses packaged corn bread to save a little time. It is definitely a family favorite at the Jones/Ezernack household. It is a great dish for Sunday dinners and you can freeze the leftovers for weeknight meals without the hassle.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven on 350.
- 2Prepare cornbread by pkg directions.
- 3Saute celery, bell pepper, & onions in butter.
- 4When cornbread is done, crumble ino large bowl.
- 5Poor chicken broth over cornbread until it just begins to get soupy.
- 6De-bone chicken, add to cornbread mixture.
- 7Add sauteed vegtables, eggs and salt & pepper to taste.
- 8Pour in a lightly oiled baking dish (9x13 or 10x15).
- 9Spread vegetable oil over top of dressing.
- 10Bake @ 350 until golden brown.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.8
- Calories from Fat 295
- Total Fat 32.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 179.9 mg
- Sodium 861.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 15.3 g