Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my mother's recipe which is slightly altered from her mother's recipe. My mother uses packaged corn bread to save a little time. It is definitely a family favorite at the Jones/Ezernack household. It is a great dish for Sunday dinners and you can freeze the leftovers for weeknight meals without the hassle.
- Preheat oven on 350.
- Prepare cornbread by pkg directions.
- Saute celery, bell pepper, & onions in butter.
- When cornbread is done, crumble ino large bowl.
- Poor chicken broth over cornbread until it just begins to get soupy.
- De-bone chicken, add to cornbread mixture.
- Add sauteed vegtables, eggs and salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour in a lightly oiled baking dish (9x13 or 10x15).
- Spread vegetable oil over top of dressing.
- Bake @ 350 until golden brown.