Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter's pre-K class made a recipie book for mother's day. This was submitted by one of her classmates Great-Aunts. I added the can of chicken to give it some protein for a main dish. Yummy, easy, and fast!!
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken
- 1 (13 ounce) bag plain Doritos, slightly crushed
- 2 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
- Mix first four ingredients and heat in a saucepan.
- Spray a 9X9 baking dish.
- Place a layer of Doritos in the bottom.
- Pour 1/2 of heated mixture on top, sprinkle with 1/2 of the grated cheese.
- Heat in 350 degree oven about 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Can be doubled and use a 9X13 pan.
- You won't need to use all the Doritos, but that way you can munch while you cook.
Pretty tasty. I liked it, dd said it was ok but dh loved it. I dumped in almost a whole bag of doritos before I read the last comment that you didn't need that many. Next time I would use about 1/2 bag of chips. I added finely chopped onion, red pepper and roasted green chilis and subbed 2 boiled chopped chicken breasts.
Easy and Fun! enjoyed making it and the outcome!! highly recomended
Good recipe. This was easily adaptable to our tastes - and very simple Thanks