Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I asked for this recipe after having it on a "vacation". Delicious!
Make and share this Chicken Doodle Doup (Noodle Soup) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb spaetzle noodles (I use Klushi (Amish)
- 10 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (Shredded, 10 Chicken thighs whole discount pkg. If using pressure cooker directions below)
- 9 cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth (2 32 oz. boxes & 1 14 oz. can (If using pressure cooker use only 1 box and 1 can, I use Collage Inn)
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's condensed chicken broth (I use low sodium)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water (one Campbell's can full)
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons water
- seasoning, to taste (salt, pepper, etc.)
- -Pressure Cooking Chicken-.
- Submerge thighs & pressure cook 22-25 minutes Strain broth - freeze- discard fat. and debone chicken.
- Debone meat - into small pieces.
- Add all liquid, get boiling.
- Add noodles; cook 10-13 minute
- Turn heat to low.
- Stir in thickener (6 T. cornstarch + 6 T. water mixed.)
- Boil 2 minute more.
- Stir in meat, pepper.
- Take off heat & secure lid.
- Rest 1 hour stirring several (4) times.
- Check if needs more pepper & slightly salt.
- DON'T mix cornstarch with water ahead of time!
Although I did pretty much follow the ingredient list, I did cut this recipe down so I was making just 1/3 of the original! Also used some homemade chicken broth & the chicken breasts, although using the thighs might well have given it a little nicer flavor! Still we were very happy with the results & I'll be making it again, for sure! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]