1/1 Photo of Chicken Donna
One night I was at a loss for what to make. I took some ingredients on hand, and in a half hour had a tasty meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 chicken cutlets, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped onions or 1 1/2 tablespoons generous splash onion juice
- 1 (1/2 lb) penne or 1 (1/2 lb) other pastas
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Saute chopped cutlets in olive oil.
- 2Toss and brown.
- 3Throw in garlic and onion, saute another two minutes.
- 4Drain off less than a 1/4 of the canned tomato juice.
- 5Throw in the tomatoes, turn heat to high and heat through about 5 minutes, reducing some liquid.
- 6Season with ground pepper and other seasoning to taste. Let cook on medium till meat is tender.
- 7Serve over boiled penne.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Donna
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 257.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: