Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One night I was at a loss for what to make. I took some ingredients on hand, and in a half hour had a tasty meal.
- 5 chicken cutlets, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped onions or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons generous splash onion juice
- 1 (1/2 lb) penne or 1 (1/2 lb) other pastas
- fresh ground pepper
- Saute chopped cutlets in olive oil.
- Toss and brown.
- Throw in garlic and onion, saute another two minutes.
- Drain off less than a 1/4 of the canned tomato juice.
- Throw in the tomatoes, turn heat to high and heat through about 5 minutes, reducing some liquid.
- Season with ground pepper and other seasoning to taste. Let cook on medium till meat is tender.
- Serve over boiled penne.
This was really good! I used Crushed tomatoes but otherwise everything else was the same!Thanks for posting