Recipe by Sassy Cat
Super fast and delicious soup. You can serve with any topping that you choose--the old staples, cheese, sour cream, tortilla chips, etc. Very healthy.
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) salsa (I use La Victoria Supreme, medium)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies, green, diced
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large sauce pan add oil, heat over medium heat. Add chicken and onions, cook until chicken is no longer pink, about 3 minutes.
- Add broth, increase heat to high, and bring to a rapid simmer.
- Stir in salsa, and remaining ingredients.
- Bring soup back to a simmer, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve hot.
- If you like it hot add some cayenne pepper now.