- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 1 slice onion
- 1 lb broccoli, fresh or frozen
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
Cheese Sauce Ingredients
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (I used Monteray Jack)
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- For the chicken: Sprinkle chicken with rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool, skin, bone and slice.
- Cook Broccoli in water with salt and onion and drain.
- Layer chicken, then broccoli, then rice in buttered casserole.
- Pour cheese sauce over entire dish.
- Add more grated Parmesan on top, if desired.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.