Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
You will need 2 12x18 inch sheets heavy duty aluminum foil to make these. This can be made in the oven or on the grill. Found on Reynolds Aluminum Foil site.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (.5 to .67 lbs.)
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 ice cubes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450ºF or grill to medium-high.
- Center one chicken breast half on each sheet of heavy duty foil.
- Combine rice, soup and water; spoon over chicken.
- Arrange broccoli and mushrooms on top of chicken and rice mixture.
- Top with ice cubes.
- Bring up foil sides.
- Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Repeat to make two packets.
- Bake 24 to 26 minutes on a cookie sheet in oven or grill 14 to 16 minutes in covered grill.
- Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Great dinner. Easy and fast for a week night. Also very tastey. Will definitely make again.
This is incredibly easy and delicious. The chicken cooks up wonderfully. I substituted croutons for the rice and omitted the mushrooms. Definately a keeper!