Recipe by Busy Lindsay
This is easy to throw together on weeknights and comforting in the winter. You can really use any veggies you want, I have used a combination of yellow squash, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, and broccoli and it was tasty. Frozen veggies work perfect for this- just thaw them out. You can also use the cheese of your choice; I have used swiss cheese slices in a pinch and it was delicious. I also use low fat milk and cheese to cut down on calories and fat.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 1 cup zucchini, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 cups rice, cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Place veggies and chicken in a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Serve over rice. Also good over mashed potatoes, pasta or biscuits.