Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy to throw together on weeknights and comforting in the winter. You can really use any veggies you want, I have used a combination of yellow squash, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, and broccoli and it was tasty. Frozen veggies work perfect for this- just thaw them out. You can also use the cheese of your choice; I have used swiss cheese slices in a pinch and it was delicious. I also use low fat milk and cheese to cut down on calories and fat.
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot, thawed
- 1 cup zucchini, cooked
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, cooked and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- Place veggies and chicken in a 2 quart shallow baking dish.
- Mix soup and milk and pour over chicken and veggies. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter; sprinkle on top of cheese.
- Bake at 450°F for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Serve over rice. Also good over mashed potatoes, pasta or biscuits.