1/1 Photo of Chicken Divan Casserole
This is a recipe I found in one of those small cookbooks you can get at the checkout stand at the grocery store. I've served it for company, taken it to potlucks, and just make it for ourselves when we are looking for something special. It's always a hit. I think the Dijon mustard is the key ingredient to make it different and special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or 1/2 cup salad dressing
- 1 -2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 (1 lb) package frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Melt 2 tablespoons butter or margarine in medium saucepan. Stir in flour and bouillon. Gradually stir in milk; cook until mixutre boils and thickens, stirring constantly with wire whisk. Stir in mayonnaise or salad dressing and mustard until well blended.
- 2Arrange broccoli in ungreased baking dish. Top with cooked chicken. Spoon sauce over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3In small bowl, combine bread crumbs and 1 Tablespoon melted butter; mix well. Sprinkle over top of casserole.
- 4Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5Serve with green salad and garlic bread. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Divan Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 78.9 mg
- Sodium 1892.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: