Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I've been using this recipe since I can remember. My Mum first got it from a friend and it has been passed around ever since. It's a huge hit at any dinner party. For a creative twist, add fresh mushrooms to the mix.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 cups broccoli
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Fry chicken pieces in frying pan until no longer pink inside.
- Place in a greased casserole dish.
- Steam broccoli and place in casserole dish with chicken.
- Mix both soups, mayo, lemon juice, curry powder, and salt and pepper.
- Pour this mixture over top of chicken and broccoli.
- Top casserole with croutons and cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
WONDERFUL! I use all cream of chicken soup (but make a double batch of Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream in place of the canned soups), and reduce the mayo, lemon juice, and curry powder just a bit. We like it cheeeeeesy, so 2 cups of cheddar for us, lol! A rich, creamy, and filling dish! I've also used crushed Ritz crackers for the topping with good results! I serve this with cooked rice or some fluffy biscuits to soak up all the yummy sauce!
I got great reviews on this one! I made it with homemade cream of chicken soup but other than that followed the recipe. We will have this again soon according to my family, and I must say I am looking forward to it too!
This was so nice, I added extra curry because we like hot dishes so it sort of ended up as a creamy chicken curry, we loved it. I didn't pre cook the chicken, I just threw it raw in the oven and it was very tender, I also mixed in cooked rice and I only used 1 cup of fat reduced cheese.