Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is another recipe that is a result of combining all the ingredients I liked from various Chicken Divan recipes.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, cooked
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ground cayenne pepper
- Combine flour, salt and black pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour and brown in 1/3 cup of butter in large skillet.
- Remove chicken and add broth and wine to skillet and cook over low heat for 5 minutes to loosen browned particles.
- Return chicken to large skillet, sprinkle with basil and cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- In small skillet saute green onions and mushrooms in 4 Tbsp butter.
- Remove chicken from large skillet after 30 minutes and add mushrooms and green onions to large skillet with chicken broth and wine mixture.
- Add 2 Tbsp flour to large skillet and stir until well blended.
- Add half and half to large skillet and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Add salt and red pepper to taste.
- Arrange cooked broccoli in 9x13 baking dish.
- Place chicken on top and cover with sauce from large skillet.
- Sprinkle 2 Tbsp parmesean cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until slightly browned.
Oh, Luby, thank you for posting this! I did use cut-up chicken, so only blanched the broccoli so it wouldn't mush up before the chicken was done. I interpreted the red pepper part as being hot peppers, so I put in 2 T of sweet pimenton. Since I used bone-in chicken it took a lot longer to cook, but this is SO good. 5 stars for this... have sent it to family and friends because it is just yummy!