Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom has made this since I was a little girl. I absolutly love it. You can add as much or little curry as you like...I like a lot. It's is so easy and I use low fat ingredients to make it a little healthier.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook broccoli according to package.
- Drain broccoli and arrange in bottom of casserole.
- Layer cooked chicken on top of broccoli.
- Combine soup, salad dressing, lemon juice, and curry powder in a large bowl.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter/margarine.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
I will make this for others in my household and they always love it...never any leftovers.
I hate broccoli with a passion so here's a variation I make for myself:
Substitute fresh button mushrooms for the broccoli and instead of salad dressing/mayo I use low fat sour cream or Neufchatel/cream cheese instead. And of course I always double the cheddar cheese!
All in all, very tasty!
Simple, quick and very tasty! I cook for two and this was a very easy recipe to reduce. I will ad a tad more lemon juice next time and there will definitely be a next time.
My Mom made this since I was a child, also, and this is almost her exact recipe. She added a tsp. of thyme, and that was it. Now, my children enjoy this childhood favorite as much as I did. We consider this our comfort food....loaded with great memories.