Recipe by A-bear
My mom has made this since I was a little girl. I absolutly love it. You can add as much or little curry as you like...I like a lot. It's is so easy and I use low fat ingredients to make it a little healthier.
Top Review by az_garden2007
I will make this for others in my household and they always love it...never any leftovers.
I hate broccoli with a passion so here's a variation I make for myself:
Substitute fresh button mushrooms for the broccoli and instead of salad dressing/mayo I use low fat sour cream or Neufchatel/cream cheese instead. And of course I always double the cheddar cheese!
All in all, very tasty!
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup salad dressing
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (I prefer more)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook broccoli according to package.
- Drain broccoli and arrange in bottom of casserole.
- Layer cooked chicken on top of broccoli.
- Combine soup, salad dressing, lemon juice, and curry powder in a large bowl.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken and broccoli.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Combine bread crumbs and butter/margarine.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.