Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
divine chicken!! beautiful for company
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups diced leeks, white and light green parts only (about 1 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (see Ingredient note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli, thawed or 1 lb broccoli floret, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°F Coat a 7-by-11-inch (2 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. Place chicken in a medium skillet or saucepan and add lightly salted water to cover. Bring to a simmer over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain and slice into bite-size pieces.
- 3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add leek and salt and cook, stirring often, until softened but not browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Add flour; stir to coat. Add broth, milk, sherry, thyme and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Add broccoli; return to a simmer. Remove from heat and stir in 1 /2 cup Parmesan, mayonnaise and mustard.
- 4. Spread half the broccoli mixture in the prepared baking dish. Top with the chicken, then the remaining broccoli mixture. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1 /2 cup Parmesan. Bake until bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.