Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Broccoli and chicken casserole. I always double the cheese sauce for more flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts, boiled and cut up
- 3 lbs fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Cook broccoli for 3 minutes; drain.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Cook until bubbly.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and cook until thick.
- Reduce heat and stir in 1 cup of cheese until melted.
- Remove from heat and gradually add sour cream, stir constantly.
- Add salt to taste.
- Arrange in a 9x13-inch pan. 1. broccoli 2. chicken 3. pour sauce all over 4. sprinkle remaining cheese and paprika.
- Heat for 20 minutes and serve over rice or baked potatoes.
This was fantastic. The sauce was so creamy and tasty. This dish reminded me of the version my mom made occasionally when I was growing up. It was a favorite dish of ours, and this version was just as yummy as ever. We all really enjoyed it, even our kids who are much pickier eaters than my husband or I. So it's nice to come across a delicious recipe that I know the kids will eat. Thank you for sharing your recipe, my kid's mom. Made for Spring2013 Pick-A-Chef.
Easy and really good weeknight meal with a salad. I also was looking for a divan recipe that didn't use canned soup. I didn't have cheddar so used swiss and that worked well. I also started with a bottom layer of stuffing before baking for an additional layer. Yum!
This was delicious and relatively quick to prepare. I don't like using canned soups and this divan recipe did that for me. I didn't have any sour cream and I substituted half mayo and half Greek yogurt. It was wonderful!!!