Recipe by bert
This recipe is very good served over pasta or rice. I have also used turkey instead of chicken so bear that in mind when you want to use up leftover turkey.
Top Review by Helen B.
This is really easy & really yummy! I do always add a couple of tsp of curry powder & put some bread crumbs on top for texture. I didn't notice any floury taste when I forgot to add curry one time, but it definitely wasn't as good.
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt & pepper
- 3 whole chicken breasts, cooked and thinly sliced
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in salted water until just tender.
- Place in a 12x8 baking dish.
- Melt butter in saucepan; blend in flour.
- Add chicken broth all at once and cook, stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in cream and wine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half the sauce over the broccoli.
- Top with chicken slices.
- To remaining sauce, add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and pour over chicken and sprinkle with additional cheese if desired.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 minutes or until hot.
- Then broil until top is golden brown.