Recipe by smns65
I took this in to work for a pot luck Thanksgiving dinner last year and I heard several people say it was the best thing there. One woman said, "That chicken dish was out of this world." Be sure to use real mayonnaise. Do not substitute salad dressing i.e. Miricle Whip.
Top Review by Kelly Kinser
Oooh, I just stole a taste of this from the oven and it IS delicious. We are doing some low carb dieting so I omitted the soup and subbed some Better than Bullion chicken stock and sour cream and that made it perfectly low carb, I also used a little more cheese and mayo than it called for to help make it moist. Yum and a good change of pace from the usual low-carb stuff we've been eating! Thanks.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup jarlsberg cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Simmer the chicken breasts in either water or chicken broth until done. Cool and dice.
- Spray an 8x10 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Pour the bag of broccoli florets into the casserole dish.
- Distribute the diced chicken on top of the broccoli.
- Mix together the soup, mayonnaise,cheese, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.