Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great creamy chicken rice dish with a nice sharp flavor of cheese and hint of lemon.
- 1 lb broccoli
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice (I use basmatti)
- cooking spray
- In a large skillet melt olive oil and butter.
- Add diced onion and crushed garlic,cook until softened,add broccoli,cook 5 minutes.
- Add rice,salt and pepper.Mix in sour cream,mayo,lemon juice,chicken,and soup.
- Spray large baking dish,add your combined mixture.Top with cheese. Bake 350 25-30 minutes.
- This can be frozen after cooked.Keeps about 1 month,simply thaw then reheat in oven for 30 minutes.
This was delicious. A new and improved version of an old school classic. Also, a great way to use up those chicken or even turkey left-overs.
My whole Family LOVED this! That is a Very Rare thing around here!!!
This is really good...alot of prep unless you have already cooked chicken and rice(which I did not). I had to cook the chicken and make the rice. It took longer than 5 minutes for my broccoli to get done enough for me. Everyone loved it.