Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Credit goes to Menus for Moms (www.menus4moms.com). Great for using up leftovers. Can be cooked in the crock as well. Give it a try!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut up
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 16 ounces frozen chopped broccoli, cooked
- 1 (6 ounce) bag seasoned stuffing mix
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat soup and cheese until melted; remove from heat. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry; mix well.
- In a 9x12-inch casserole dish layer all of broccoli, then all of chicken; cover with soup/cheese mixture. Top with stuffing mix.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
This is like one of our favorites around here. Anything creamy with chicken and stuffing seems to go fast. I used asparagus instead of broccoli, and just threw the frozen asparagus in the bottom of the casserole. It's already cooked anyway, so I saw no need to have it cook three times! But I think I'd probably put the stuffing on the bottom next time, so it absorbs more liquid. It was a tad crunchy on top, until we mixed it in after it cooked! And yes, this would work AWESOME in the crockpot, and yes, I'd put the stuffing on top for that one.