Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My DD made this 27 years ago for the first time, and is still making it as it is a very good way to make chicken different.
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cook chicken until tender. Cool, debone the chicken and cut into chunks.
- Cook the broccoli. Drain.
- Grease a 3-quart casserole dish.
- Place the chicken on the bottom and the broccoli on top.
- Combine Miracle Whip, soup, curry powder and lemon juice.
- Pour this mixture over the broccoli. Sprinkle with a mixture of breadcrumbs, cheese, and melted butter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes.
Second time I made this awesome dish. The only thing I changed was used Hellmans instead of Miracle Whip & parmasan cheese instead of Cheddar. A truly delicious meal, oh for the chicken, I used a cooken chicken from super market, then I used the remainder of chicken covered with water added onion quartered (not peeled) a couple of smashed garlic cloves, celery, & bay leaf for some delicious chicken stock. Thanks Leeezah for a great meal.
I made this with fresh asparagus instead of broccolli. I also used 2 tsp. of curry powder, for our taste. Delicious. Thanks for the posting Rose
Great recipe! I doubled the amount of curry because I like a stronger flavor. Very easy to make and delicious served with basmati rice.