1/1 Photo of Chicken Dish from Netherlands Antilles - Original
Cat Hale's Note:
This recipe has been in my family for years, we've got it from a neighbour in Rotterdam (Netherlands). I am sure my mother has changed it some over the years, but this is as I recall it. The entire recipe is a matter of taste, some like lots of veggies and a mild flavor, some like little veggies and a blasting hot flavor with 8 cloves of garlic -- Try and see what works!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the wings at the joints so you have 3 pieces, or simply use drumsticks. You can skin the chicken if you want to, we never do. Cut the bell peppers and onions in strips. Peel the garlic and mash it up.
- 2Put some oil, butter or even pam in a medium hot skillet(a large and deep skillet!) Add the chicken and cook until the chicken seems to get done some.
- 3Add the onions, garlic and bell peppers and stir-fry the whole lot for a while to add some color to the vegetables.
- 4Cut the stewed tomatoes in smaller bits and add to the dish along with the tomato paste, fill the empty cans with water and add also. Add some sambal (1 teaspoon in our version) or hot sauce. Add stock cubes (one or two is usually enough, again, this is something to do to taste).
- 5Let the whole thing simmer for about 15 minutes, which gives you time to cook some rice with it ;).
- 6Taste, add salt and sambal if needed. add a pinch of sugar if the tomatoes taste a bit tangy. Serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dish from Netherlands Antilles - Original
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.8
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 174.7 mg
- Sodium 742.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 44.9 g