Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another great chicken and rice casserole.
- 8 pieces chicken, assorted
- seasoned meat tenderizer
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 3 cups boiling water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Coat a 9 x 13 baking dish with vegetable spray.
- Season chicken with meat tenderizer, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice, mushrooms, soup mix and water.
- Mix well and pour into the baking dish.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on top of the rice mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake 20 to 25 minutes more or until the chicken is no longer pink and rice is tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve.