Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend. I have served it at many parties and it is gone in a matter of minutes.
- 1 can white chicken meat (drained)
- 1 package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (seasoning mix not salad dressing mix; you can half the package if you think it will be too strong)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces sour cream (you can substitute mayonnaise for the sour cream)
- Drain the chicken.
- Mix all together and serve with Wheat Thins or your favorite cracker.
- You can also serve them as sandwiches on wheat, po-boy, white, or crescent bread.
This is a great dip. I made it last night for a snack and added green onions and cheddar cheese on top.
This dip would be much better if it was made with mayonaise. The combination of the sour cream and cream cheese is too strong. Maybe it could be made with just cream cheese, no sour cream. I was a bit disappointed.
I made this for a little get-together at my sister's, served with thinly sliced french bread. Everyone enjoyed it. My niece, 10, said it would be good in a sandwich, too. I may do that, with some finely chopped celery. This is a very tasty spread. And easy, which is a real help in the busy Christmas season.