My sister never liked frozen pot pies but she loves this one.
Make and share this Chicken Dinner Pot Pie recipe from Food.com.
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup light cream or 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained (I have started using about 1/2 a package)
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare pastry, cut top into lattice strips.
- (I use just a regular pie top with slits cut in it. It's quicker).
- Melt butter in large skillet over low heat; stir in flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Cook, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in chicken broth and cream.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for one minute.
- Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- Cover with lattice top.
- Cover edge with 2-3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Bake for 35 to 40 or until crust is brown.