1/7 Photos of Chicken Dinner Pot Pie
1 hr 10 mins
My sister never liked frozen pot pies but she loves this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained (I have started using about 1/2 a package)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Prepare pastry, cut top into lattice strips.
- 3(I use just a regular pie top with slits cut in it. It's quicker).
- 4Melt butter in large skillet over low heat; stir in flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 5Cook, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in chicken broth and cream.
- 8Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil and stir for one minute.
- 10Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- 11Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- 12Cover with lattice top.
- 13Cover edge with 2-3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- 14Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- 15Bake for 35 to 40 or until crust is brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dinner Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 568.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g