1/7 Photos of Chicken Dinner Pot Pie
1 hr 10 mins
My sister never liked frozen pot pies but she loves this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light cream or 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, cooked and drained (I have started using about 1/2 a package)
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Prepare pastry, cut top into lattice strips.
- 3(I use just a regular pie top with slits cut in it. It's quicker).
- 4Melt butter in large skillet over low heat; stir in flour, salt, pepper and thyme.
- 5Cook, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Stir in chicken broth and cream.
- 8Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 9Boil and stir for one minute.
- 10Stir in chicken and vegetables.
- 11Pour into pastry lined pie pan.
- 12Cover with lattice top.
- 13Cover edge with 2-3 inch strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- 14Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
- 15Bake for 35 to 40 or until crust is brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dinner Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.3
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 64.9 mg
- Sodium 568.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g