Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Yummy all in one crock pot chicken dinner.
- 6 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 -4 tablespoons mashed potato flakes (optional)
- Place potatoes and carrots in crock pot and top with chicken.
- Combine the soups and garlic salt and pour over chicken.
- Cover an cook on low for 6 hours.
- To thicken gravy, stir potato flakes into the gravy and cook 30 minutes longer.
This recipe is an awful mess-very thick and gloppy! Wouldn't make this again!
This is a great, quick meal for one of those "soccer-mom" days. (When I finish writing this, I have to dress DS for soccer, haha!) Seriously, if I had used baby carrots instead of peeling big ones, this would have taken all of 5 minutes to throw together, and the kids are having seconds. I made a couple changes on the amounts, based on our family's preferences: I doubled the amount of carrots, and DH and I still got shortchanged, as the kids LOVE them. I only used two large chicken breasts, enough for the 4 of us, and only used 1 can of cream of mushroom. There was plenty of gravy without adding a second can. I didn't need the potato flakes, it was just the right consistency, and everything was cooked perfectly. Thanks for a quick and easy one! We all have "those days" when pulling out all the pots and pans just ISN'T an option.
All I can say is WOW, what a wonderful comfort food, even on a 36 degree C day, like it was here when I made it today. Found out it is a true kid pleaser which I did not expect. Made and reviewed for the bake off # 14 (recipe swap #14!!!) March 2008. Will have to make again because hubby never got a chnce to have any!