Recipe by teapotter
This is my adaptation of a recipe I got from Family Circle magazine in 1981. I have used skinned chicken thighs for this and usually I use mushroom soup and the reduced fat kind works just fine if you are wanting to lower fat content. Serve with your favourite veggie on the side.
Top Review by JenzyGirl
I was on a time crunch for prep and this dish was my savior. It was very easy to prepare and all I had to add was some canned green beans with mushrooms. I used cream of mushroom soup and my chicken breasts were small breasts which I ended up using about six (they were small and all the same size). This was a nice change of pace using the Italian dressing and not just a cream sauce. My kids and husband really enjoyed. This will be one I grab when I just don't want to prep a lot for dinner. Wonderful!!
- 4 skinless chicken breast halves, about 7 oz each
- 6 tablespoons Italian salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together dressing, onion flakes, parsley, marjoram, basil, lemon pepper seasoning, soup and water.
- Arrange rice in bottom of a casserole or 13 x 9 pan and stir in 1/2 the liquid.
- Place chicken pieces on top and pour remaining liquid over top. Cover with foil or lid.
- Bake at 350 F for 30 min; uncover; stir rice mixture. You may need to add a little additonal water if it seems too dry. Bake 30 to 40 minutes longer until bubbly and rice and chicken are done. Serves 4.