Recipe by ElaineAnn
Easy to prepare and fun to serve.
Top Review by Nor Cal Cook
This chicken turned out great! So easy, and so moist! I purchased a pre-seasoned chicken, so didn't use the spices. Also, I covered the center hole on the bundt pan with foil to eliminate the need for a pan beneath. I cooked the chicken for 90 minutes, and the veggies weren't quite soft and the chicken not browned all the way down, but the chicken was at temperature. I turned the oven on convection and cooked it another 20 minutes. Everything was perfect, even for my fussy teenagers. Next time I will use convection the whole time, and cut the veggies a little smaller. Thanks, ElaineAnn!
- 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 small red potatoes, washed and halved
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix seasonings together.
- Rub mixture on chicken including the inside.
- Stand chicken up in the bundt pan. Make sure the cone is inside of the cavity of the chicken. Tuck back wings.
- Add veggies around the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Pour melted margarine over chicken and veggies.
- Put pan on a baking sheet to catch any drippings. Bake for 60 to 80 minutes depending on size of chicken. Bake until tender and veggies are done.