Recipe by Mrs. Missy
This recipe is so versatile and easy. My mom thought I slaved over the stove to make it...now she serves it for my dad so he can think she slaved making it. Take this recipe and double it..it's SO good!
Top Review by NurseJaney
This was very good, for almost home-made, one pot dinner. We were waiting for the dishwasher repairman, so put this together early. Used 2 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts, braised in broth with celery, bay leaf, lemon pepper, and salt -- then cubed. Used 1 16 ounce bag of frozen Japanese style vegetables - boiled for 4 minutes in the same liquid. Since we like a little ZIP, added a few shakes of hot pepper sauce to the gravy and pepper before adding to the vegetables, chicken, and cheese. Topped with strips of crescent roll and baked for 30 min. at 375. We were VERY hungry -- and this hit the spot ! Thanks for sharing, Mrs. Missy
- 8 ounces refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (16 ounce) bagfrozen vegetables
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375;
- cook and drain vegetables;.
- stir in all remaining ingredients except crescent rolls;.
- heat through;.
- pour into lightly greased baking pan;.
- press crescent rolls together and cut into strips to place on top of mixture in a lattice pattern;.
- bake for 20-25 minutes.