Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I really like this pie. The dijon gives it that something extra.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chicken gravy
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups mashed potato flakes
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add chicken and onions; cook and stir until chicken is browned and no longer pink in center.
- Stir in all remaining filling ingredients, mix well.
- Spoon into ungreased 8 inch square glass baking dish.
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir all remaining topping ingredients except paprika, mix well.
- Spoon topping over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minutes.
This was very good, and a nice hearty meal for a few very hungry folks! I only used 3/4 lb chicken as it was all I had, but I think that was plenty. The Dijon is not overpowering, but it lends a nice tang to the sauce and the potatoes. I have to be honest, though, and say I'm already daydreaming about trying spicy mustard in the sauce...I'm a mustard addict. Not sure I would put it in the potatoes :). Speaking of, I think this would be tastier with real potatoes, but that said I appreciated the quick assembly of the potato flakes. I ended up adding copious amounts of salt and black pepper on my plate, so next time I will probably throw some in with the gravy. Thanks for posting; this is definitely worth making again. Made for Zaar Tag 2008.