Recipe by Cookin'withGas
Another nice and cool one dish meal for the dog days of summer...Serve over lettuce with Iced Tea or Lemonade to drink!
- 1 (4 ounce) package rotini pasta, tri-colored (Ronzoni whole wheat pasta)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup fresh broccoli florets, small
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ, plain
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 small fresh tomato, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rotini per pkg, adding broccoli in the last 4 minutes cooking time; Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again.
- In a bowl, combine the yogurt, wheat germ, vinegar, mustard and pepper; mixing well.
- To this mixture, add the rotini/broccoli, chicken, tomato and onion; toss to coat well.
- Cover and chill 2 hours; toss again before serving.
- Variation: Swap out the rotini for your favorite small pasta such as macaroni or penne rigati.
- NOTE: prep time covers pasta cooking and veggie chopping; cook time covers assembly and chilling time.