Recipe by Deedine
This came from the advertisement pages of the Readers Digest. Easy and really yummy it also looks fancy served in the pastry shells.
- 1 (10 ounce) package puff pastry shells
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken and broccoli soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pastry shells according to package directions.
- In skillet over med-high heat, in 1 tbsp butter cook 1/2 of the chicken till browned, stirring often.
- Remove cooked chicken and set aside.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- In same skillet, in remaining 1 tablespoons.
- butter cook broccoli and mushrooms until tender and liquid is evaporated, stirring often.
- Stir in soup, milk and mustard heat till boiling.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Heat through, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon over pastry shells.
- It is also really good served over slices of good crusty french bread.