Recipe by Semra22
A very easy to make chicken dish that is good enough for company. This is a long time family favorite that I got from an old Better Homes & Gardens cookbook. The lemon pepper makes it. You can saute a chopped onion with the chicken instead of the powder if you wish, but the powder honestly works better. You can also add more mustard to make it taste more dijon-y.
Top Review by mrussillo
Semra - thanks so much for this recipe. I've been making this for years, but my BH&G cookbook is in such bad shape, I can barely read the recipe anymore! I was hoping to find a clean copy online and so glad I did! Yes, this is an easy, delicious chicken recipe that my family likes and is defnitely impressive!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light cream (or milk with a bit more butter added)
- chicken broth, plus pan juices to make one cup
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (or extra stock)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the onion powder, lemon pepper and salt.
- Saute the chicken in the butter for about 20 min, or till cooked through and tender. Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Measure the pan juices and enough chicken broth to make 1 cup liquid. Return the stock mixture to the pan and add the wine.
- Stir together the light cream and the flour till smooth. Add to the broth, cook and stir till smooth, thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard , stir till smooth.
- Return the chicken to the pan, or serve the sauce separately.