Great recipe. A Very tasty dish. Comes from a Cooking Pleasures Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine or 1 tablespoon vermouth or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- 2With flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 4Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center, turning once.
- 5Place on plate; cover loosely with foil.
- 6Add shallots to same skillet; cook 30 seconds.
- 7Add broth, wine and brandy, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- 8Add tarragon, mustard and cream cheese; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 9Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; cook 1 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Dijon
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 360.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g