Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great recipe. A Very tasty dish. Comes from a Cooking Pleasures Magazine.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup minced shallot
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dry white wine or 1 tablespoon vermouth or 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brandy or 1 tablespoon apple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- Place chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
- With flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/2 inch thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken; cook 7 to 9 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center, turning once.
- Place on plate; cover loosely with foil.
- Add shallots to same skillet; cook 30 seconds.
- Add broth, wine and brandy, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Add tarragon, mustard and cream cheese; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Return chicken and any accumulated juices to skillet; cook 1 minutes or until heated through.