Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A simple, delicious, low fat recipe that can be served hot, at room temperature or cold. I love this made with chicken thighs but 4 breasts can be substituted if you prefer white meat.
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless chicken thighs, deboned if desired
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt and mustard.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the mustard mixture, coating well, then roll in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes for bone-in chicken, 30 minutes for boneless chicken, or until golden brown and the meat is no longer pink.
Tasty and easy. I think I'll add a little more mustard next time, though. I love that flavor.
This had lots of flavor. I used plain bread crumbs, but felt it was a nice and healthy way to prepare chicken. I enjoyed it with basmati rice and garlicky brussel sprouts. Thanks for sharing!
Excellent recipe. Very yummy with a nice hint of thyme. I made it with boneless, skinless breasts and it turned out great.