Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is so tasty. you can eat it over and over and not tire of it. Very satisfying. eat as much as you want, and you will loose a bit of belly fat! Oh, and did I say it was EZ ?
- 2 skinless chicken breast halves, with bone in
- 2 -3 large leeks, green and white parts, cleaned thoroughly, and then chopped
- 5 -6 stalks celery, cleaned and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, not chopped (one large slice)
- 2 -4 dashes hot sauce (I like Crystal, It's mild yet flavorful)
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- thinly sliced jalapeno
- sesame oil (the toasted, fragrant variety)
- hot chili oil
- cooked rice (I prefer a blend of brown and wild rice)
- Put all the soup ingredients into a large 8-10 quart pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for an hour our so until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool so you can handle it to remove the bones.
- Shred the chicken and return to the pot.
- Bring to a boil again, and then turn down on a very low simmer.
- The longer it simmers, the tastier it becomes.
- Just ladle some of the soup into a bowl, add a few scoops of rice and top with garnishes to taste.
- This is just a basic recipe and has room for many tasty variables.
- Sometimes I garnish with cumin, or toasted mustard seed and a sprinkle of curry powder--whatever I'm craving.
- Basically, the soup is very low in fat and if you use the brown and wild rice, it is low in gluten.
- Eat it exclusively for a day or two and you will notice a flatter belly and feel healthy and energized.
- I keep a pot going on the back of the stove all the time so my family always has a nice healthy snack or quick meal on hand.
This soup is great! Very satisfying and easy. I used boneless chicken breasts with Fat Free chicken broth and water. You really can't mess up this recipe. I also added the brown rice and may add diced carrots next time. Very yummy and a great comfort food. This is a keeper.