Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mom made this recipe when I was growing up and it's still one of my favorites! Rumor is, it's originally a Weight Watcher's recipe. It's really easy and very good! I haven't found a Chicken Diane recipe like this one yet. Try it and PLEASE tell me what you think! :)
- Add half of the butter to hot skillet and brown chicken breasts, do not fully cook.
- Remove chicken to a plate and reserve for later.
- Add the rest of the butter to the skillet and sauté onions and parsley till the onions are translucent,.
- Add sherry, steak sauce, mustard and Worcestershire to the onions and parsley. Stir together thoroughly.
- Add chicken breasts to the sauce. Turn to coat.
- Cover and simmer on med-low heat until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over white rice, or steamed veggies if you are watching carbs!
Yum Yum Yum, have since made this recipe twice, using all the same ingredients. Everyone in our house loved it. Also made it for my in laws and they loved it too, including my fussy nethew who normally refuses all dinners.
This is a quick, tangy and delicious recipe. I tweaked a bit--I added sliced mushrooms for added texture, substituted chicken broth and one chicken bouillion cube for the sherry and left out the worcestershire sauce (because I didn't have any.) I served with mashed potatoes and carrots. Thanks for posting!
I made this for dinner last night and it was gone before I could get a photo. I added fresh sliced mushrooms and it was really great. Served with fresh steamed vegies. I will make again :) Thanks MiMi. Made for PAC Fall 2007