1/1 Photo of Chicken Diablo
Monica in PA's Note:
DH loves this since it has intense flavor but not too hot for children. I adapted this recipe from the At Home with Family & friends cookbook from Cornerstone Television. Woody's restaurant in Pittsburgh, PA managed by the Antonelli brothers, make this recipe. Great served with crusty bread, rice, and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 8 -10 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes or 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 -3 banana peppers, cut into rings
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley or 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- salt and black pepper
- 1In large skillet, heat oil.
- 2Add chicken and red pepper and saute for 5 minutes until chicken is tender.
- 3Add mushrooms and saute for 3 additional minutes.
- 4Add garlic, beef stock and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- 5Add apple juice, tomatoes, banana peppers, and parsley.
- 6Salt/pepper to taste.
- 7Simmer low and uncovered until juices reduce and thicken.
- 8You may also thicken the liquid with cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Diablo
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.0
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 580.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 39.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: