1/3 Photos of Chicken Delight (Eliza Patton)
1 hr 30 mins
Nature's Cuisine's Note:
Family recipe. One of the family's favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large chicken breasts, bone-in
- 2 -3 carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup or 1 (14 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) box bread cubes (Pepperidge Farms herbed chicken dressing)
- 1Stew 4 large chicken breasts with a few carrots and onion, parsley and salt. Cook until done. Drain broth through a colander, SAVE broth. Discard veggies. Cool and debone chicken.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Spray 9"x13" oven-proof dish. Line with chicken breast. Top with mushroom pieces.
- 3Combine 1 cup reserved broth, soup and sour cream. Pour over mushrooms.
- 4Melt margarine with 1/2 cup of reserved broth. Toss with dressing. Place on top of casserole.
- 5Bake for 30-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Delight (Eliza Patton)
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 484.4
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.6 mg
- Sodium 740.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 21.1 g