Recipe by Trisa
A quick and comforting casserole.
Top Review by Merlot
Wonderful and quick. I had all the ingredients on hand except for the Durkee onions but it still was an excellent dish. It was so nice to be able to throw everything in a casserole dish and have a one-dish meal ready in no time at all. I added a salad and we were all set. Thanks so much, Trisha.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) can Durkee onions
- 1 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken, and 1-1/4 cups cheese.
- Spread three-fourths of mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle hash browns over top and press lightly.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and potato chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or till bubbly.
- Sprinkle onions over top and bake 5-7 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.