Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A quick and comforting casserole.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 (3 ounce) can Durkee onions
- 1 cup crushed sour cream and onion potato chips
- In a bowl, combine soup, sour cream, milk, chicken, and 1-1/4 cups cheese.
- Spread three-fourths of mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle hash browns over top and press lightly.
- Spread remaining soup mixture over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese and potato chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour or till bubbly.
- Sprinkle onions over top and bake 5-7 minutes or till lightly browned.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Wonderful and quick. I had all the ingredients on hand except for the Durkee onions but it still was an excellent dish. It was so nice to be able to throw everything in a casserole dish and have a one-dish meal ready in no time at all. I added a salad and we were all set. Thanks so much, Trisha.
This was just OK for us. We thought it lacked in flavor. I followed the recipe exactly as written but we thought it needed a lot of salt and pepper and probably some garlic and onion. Hubby didn't like it at all but the kids and I thought it was OK. Maybe if we used hash browns with peppers and onions it may have been better for us too.
Trisa, Love this simple recipe--it has become a favorite with my son & husband--it also freezes great--I always make 2 so one can be thrown in the freezer--(just leave off durkee onions and potato chips untill ready to pop from freezer to oven)