Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Haven't tried but it looks good and I wanted to save it.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- 1 (1 3/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 10 ounces water
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- salt and pepper
- Place rice in a large greased flat casserole dish.
- Arrange chicken pieces on top.
- In a saucepan mix onion soup mix, chicken soup, water and mushrooms. Heat, and pour over chicken.
- Top with paprika, salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Remove lid for the last 15 minutes to brown.