Recipe by bshemyshua
A hearty combination of potatoes, chicken, and Italian sausage. Cooking the potatoes along with the meats makes them a cut above. And the aroma during cooking will bring everyone running.
Top Review by Chef Shadows
Only shows 4 stars but we give it 4.5 stars for being easy to prepare, and tatse. As the others have stated we also added an onion. We cooked ours in the oven. My wife commneted if would have been better with shredded cheddar cheese placed on top during the second phase of cooking, I agree. Overall a nice mid week filling meal. I did not take any photos since Marsha D ' looks like ours. Thanks for a good recipe.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled an quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) frying chickens, cut up (or an equal portion chicken breast)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, rope cut into 6 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange potatoes in a large shallow 3 quart casserole.
- Mix oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle half of this mixture over potaotes.
- Arrange chicken and sausage on top of potatoes and drizzle oil over all.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees F. for 1 hour,uncover and bake at 375 degrees for an additional 20 minutes, or until a nice brown.