Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
A hearty combination of potatoes, chicken, and Italian sausage. Cooking the potatoes along with the meats makes them a cut above. And the aroma during cooking will bring everyone running.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled an quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) frying chickens, cut up (or an equal portion chicken breast)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet Italian sausage, rope cut into 6 pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Arrange potatoes in a large shallow 3 quart casserole.
- Mix oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and sprinkle half of this mixture over potaotes.
- Arrange chicken and sausage on top of potatoes and drizzle oil over all.
- Sprinkle with remaining seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 425 degrees F. for 1 hour,uncover and bake at 375 degrees for an additional 20 minutes, or until a nice brown.
Only shows 4 stars but we give it 4.5 stars for being easy to prepare, and tatse. As the others have stated we also added an onion. We cooked ours in the oven. My wife commneted if would have been better with shredded cheddar cheese placed on top during the second phase of cooking, I agree. Overall a nice mid week filling meal. I did not take any photos since Marsha D ' looks like ours. Thanks for a good recipe.
Great stuff! I made this with loose italian sausage, and stuck the sliced potatoes in the microwave for 5 minutes before putting the rest of it together and putting it in the oven - so I didn't have to worry about my potatoes not cooking fast enough (which is always a problem I have!). Very good recipe, thanks!!
This was WONDERFUL! I added a small onion to give a extra flavor and used little red potatoes quartered up. The aroma while cooking was delightful. Dh came home from work and said ..." WoW! whats cooking honey?" Thanks for sharing the recipe!! We loved it!