Recipe by Musical Joy
This is a fantastic crockpot recipe! Found it on the internet years ago and have modified it some. The chicken is so tender, it falls apart, and it makes incredible gravy. It's my most requested recipe and our favorite meal. My daugters (ages 4 and 1) love it too! We eat it with a side of vegetable and sometimes with Texas toast.
- 4 -6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper
- celery salt (may use just iodized salt)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup white wine
- grated parmesan cheese
- rice or egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a large bowl or meat platter, season chicken with lemon juice, pepper, celery salt and paprika.
- Place in crock-pot.
- In medium bowl or pan, mix the soups with the sherry.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle generously w/parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over noodles or rice.