Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a fantastic crockpot recipe! Found it on the internet years ago and have modified it some. The chicken is so tender, it falls apart, and it makes incredible gravy. It's my most requested recipe and our favorite meal. My daugters (ages 4 and 1) love it too! We eat it with a side of vegetable and sometimes with Texas toast.
- 4 -6 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thirds
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- black pepper
- celery salt (may use just iodized salt)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry or 1⁄3 cup white wine
- grated parmesan cheese
- rice or egg noodles
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- In a large bowl or meat platter, season chicken with lemon juice, pepper, celery salt and paprika.
- Place in crock-pot.
- In medium bowl or pan, mix the soups with the sherry.
- Pour over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle generously w/parmesan cheese.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 10 hours or on high 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Everyone in my family loved this recipe....it was also wonderful the following day as leftovers.
So easy, so delicious. I used only 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts but kept the same amount of mushroom and celery soups. Added 1 chopped onion, for flavor and also to dilute the sauce. I wanted more color, therefore sprinkle a generous amount of dried Parsley on top. I served mine over egg noodles. It's wonderful, everyone in my family love this dish. Thank you for sharing your recipe.