Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the most flavorful chicken recipe I have ever tasted. It is so good that I make it for just myself and eat the left-overs for 3 days! After tasting it, my boyfriend's mom said, "This should be what you make whenever you have people over for the first time." I took it as a compliment!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 breasts will also work with this amount of sauce)
- 12 pieces uncooked bacon
- 12 pieces dried beef
- 12 ounces sour cream
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- Wrap each chicken breast in 3 pieces of bacon.
- Place each wrapped breast on top of 3 pieces of dried beef.
- Place these in a baking pan, not touching each other if possible.
- In a separate bowl, combine sour cream and cream of mushroom soup.
- Pour mixture evenly over chicken in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for at least 1 hour (for increased flavor, use lower heat and longer cook time).
- Serve over rice.
The recipe says it all. Very hearty and makes lots of sopping gravy.
i make this recipe using golden mushroom soup and shredding the dried beef on the bottom of the baking pan. i also partially pre-cook the bacon. this is a wonderful dish to serve company, great with a good rice pilaf.
I make this same recipe except using cream of chicken soup and adding garlic powder and pepper. My family has dubbed it "Yummy Chicken"! I would give it many, many more stars if possible!